FOSROC SUPERCAST SW10 SWELLABLE WATERSTOP
HIGH PERFORMANCE SWELLABLE WATERSTOP FOR IN-SITU CONCRETE
1) Product Size : 15 meter x 5 mm x 20 mm rolls.
2) Product Form : Rectangular section elastomeric strips.
3) Application Temp. Range : -5°C to 50°C.
4) Hydrostatic Pressure Resistance : 30 metres.
5) Supercast SW10 should be used to prevent the passage of water through non-movement joints in both new in-situ concrete and between new and existing concrete. Supercast SW10 increases in volume in the range of up to 300% and gives a resistance to hydraulic heads of up to 60 metres. Swelling of Supercast SW10 in fresh concrete is minimal, therefore maximising the positive pressure to seal the joint. Supercast SW10 is suitable for application between existing and newly placed concrete where there is little or no steel continuity and where up to 2mm movement may occur. Supercast SW10 waterstops should be positioned to ensure that a minimum of 80 mm cover of concrete is present to accommodate pressure developed during the swelling process.
• Water swellable – Basic Polymer – hydrophilic waterstop, where shown on the drawings, shall be made from a preformed elastomeric strip which can integrate into existing waterstop networks. It shall be free from rubber, bentonite or other inclusions. The waterstop shall have an unrestrained volumetric expansion of up to 300%. It must not deteriorate under prolonged wet/dry cycling. It must be able to withstand a hydrostatic head of 60 metres (6 bars). It shall be used in accordance with the methods given in the manufacturer’s current data sheet.
• Easy to install. Swelling properties unaffected by long term wet / dry cycling.
• Delayed swell action allows extra tolerance on site. Sustains effective seal in wet conditions.